Thursday, October 10, 2013

Love: Friends, Family, etc.

After being at college for about a month and a half, I realize how wonderful my family and friends are in California. I love the idea of missing people. The reason I do is because it reminds us that we had such great people that surrounded us. In my case, I moved 3,000 miles away from home so my family and friends are very far away. Their pictures are all over my dorm walls and I talk to them but it isn't the same. I love them. That kind of love can't pertain to just phone calls and photos. It is a full relationship that needs hugs, smiles, laughs, tears, and joy.  The signals of love are just as important as the love itself. I notice all around campus couple snuggling as the weather gets cold. I think that the way we need to cling to the ones we love is an asset. I can just imagine how hard my life would be if I didn't get my weekly phone calls to my mom. Those conversations are the only time I hear my mom's voice, I always here "I love you, honey" at the end of phone call and that's when I feel good about my college choice. Though, I am far way, people at home are thinking of me and loving me just the same. I think that remembering why we made the choices we make is so important. If I let the fact that my family and friends are not with me be an issue, I would be a basket-case. Instead, I think of all the good people I have met, all the things I am learning, and how I am growing as an individual because that is what is going to make my friends and family proud back home. I can also take away that most important thing I have learned in my eighteen years alive that love is the most important above all else. I love stealing this quote that my big sister found "The greatest thing you will ever learn is to love and be loved" by Eden Ahbez. There are many things I will learn in my college career but the most important thing I have already learned. LOVE <3

This blog post is dedicated to my mom, my big sisters, my huge family, Jackson Cowart, Rebecca Goates, Jeanette Broberg, small group girls, the Impact group, and my new friends from college.

No comments:

Post a Comment